Changes by version number
This page details the changes in each public release of Columnal.
Version 0.6.0 (released 2019-10-20)
First public release, starting the early access phase.
Version 0.6.1 (released 2019-11-03)
Add Linux version, fix name resolution bugs.
- Linux build is now available for x86_64 architecture.
- Fixed some name resolution bugs.
- Improved some visual styling.
Version 0.6.2 (released 2019-11-23)
Added import/export for the R data format (RDS).
- Added import and export to/from R's RDS format (.rds and .Rdata files)
- Added a pane to display all Check results together
- Added new-version checking support on Linux
- Added a couple more weight units (lb, oz)
- Added a "years between" function.
Version 0.6.3 (released 2019-12-07)
Added a transformation that runs an R expression.
- A new transformation lets you write an R expression that operates on a Columnal table and automatically shows the result as a table in Columnal.
- Fixed a few small bugs in the R import/export, and improved conversion of double to decimal
- Improved the R import/export to allow export of columns with lists (by exporting to tibbles).
Version 0.6.4 (released 2020-01-13)
Improved R transformation support.
- Added a setting for the R executable and library installation paths.
- Fixed a bug where R transformations did not save their required packages properly.
- Fixed a bug where certain transformation cells could appear to be edited directly. Now they correctly prompt about adding a manual edit transformation.